Located one mile off Louisiana Highway 25, four miles north of Covington, Saint Joseph Seminary College is one hour from downtown New Orleans and slightly over an hour from Baton Rouge. The Seminary College is ideally situated upon a fifteen-acre campus in the midst of the piney woods of the Ozone Belt. Artesian water and clean, invigorating air have justly brought fame to the region. Surrounding the College Seminary is a twelve-hundred acre tract of rich forest land. A small river, the Bogue Falaya, deriving its name from the Choctaw Indians who once inhabited the site, borders the western side of the campus.
The extensive campus, with its large gymnasium, outdoor swimming pool, two lakes, and football field, provides adequate recreational facilities for basketball, volleyball, swimming, boating, baseball, touch football, hiking, handball and tennis.
Pius X Hall (1960), the large main building with two courtyards, houses administrative offices, faculty offices, a student chapel, a private meditation chapel, audio-visual room seating for one hundred, language laboratories, and sixty-eight private rooms. Monumental statues of Saint Joseph and of the Mother of God, early works of Louisiana sculptor Frank Hayden, mark the front corner of the building and the large open courtyard known as Mary Plaza. An adjacent building, Borromeo Hall (1960), is a self-contained unit, with four classrooms on the ground floor. Borromeo Hall was renovated in 1994, with the addition of central air-conditioning and some restructuring. Bathroom facilities for students, formerly on the first floor, are now on the second floor, also the location of private rooms for pre-theology students and older undergraduates. Besides classrooms, the first floor includes two seminar rooms, a larger meeting room, and public restroom facilities. Concrete ramps were recently added to the entrances of several of the buildings to aid in access for the disabled.Other facilities are: Rouquette Library (1960); Meinrad Center (1960), having accommodations for guests, exhibits, group hospitality and a medical dispensary; Benet Hall (1960), a six-hundred seat auditorium with modern stage and equipment; a gym (1952) with two basketball courts, two large recreation rooms, and offices; a students dining hall (1918), accommodating over one hundred students, with an adjacent lounge, called The Wharf.
Saint Joseph Abbey Church dominates the landscape of the campus. It is here that the liturgical and religious life of the Seminary College focuses most sharply. Extensive and colorful murals by Dom Gregory de Wit (1892-1978) of Holland add to the religious atmosphere and decor of the Abbey Church.